Top Ten reasons to support the Marlin’s before the years end! This list comes from our latest Prayer update. To read it all and see 12 highlights from the past year click below!
10. If you are considering giving monthly or quarterly but are waiting till we go, consider that whatever you give now will accrue and go towards our outgoing expenses (which we still need about $30,000 for). We will need all our support by September to be approved to go in October.
9. Any support you give by December 31st is tax deductible for the tax year you are about to file, which could help you.
8. Our ministry is 100% supported by donations, there is no other source, not only for our salary, but all the administrative costs, work expenses and benefits cost related to our employment.
7. Paul writes to his understudy Timothy “For the Scripture says, “Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain,” and “The worker deserves his wages.””. We are not begging you for money when we could or should be doing something else ‘productive.’ We deeply believe that gospel ministry dependent on God’s people is biblical, right, and that the work is more than legitimate. We are inviting you to invest in what God is doing in Rwanda, because you love the Lord. (1 Timothy 5:18)
6. Giving is a blessing that outlasts this life. Luke 12:33 “Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
5. Holding on to all we have is a curse. 1 Timothy 6:10 “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.”
4. God is in control and will take care of all you need when we “seek first the kingdom.” (Matthew 6::33)
3. The great need – Rwanda has no accredited bible college for over 11 million people, nor a place one can study the bible and ministry no matter what your denomination is. We are going to help resolve this. Rwanda has the one of the greatest needs for well trained pastors and other christian leaders, to work through the division, trauma and nightmares of war. Some 90% of pastor’s have only part of their elementary school education. We will be going to help the work of providing ministry training at the high school level and college level (who can go on empowered to lead other schools, national ministries, church movements and etc..)
2. The great opportunity -The church in Rwanda has invited Africa Inland Mission to come and help them by providing ministry training. We have been appointed with Africa Inland Mission and assigned to serve the team in Rwanda.
1. So that we can go, serve, mentor and teach dozens of pastors ever year, many who will come to know the grace of God in a new way, or even for the first time, who will go out and preach the gospel of the love of God to thousands.
To make a one time or reoccurring donation, click here.